If you’re just getting your private practice off the ground, every penny counts. At this crucial time in your business, spending hundreds of dollars on advertising may just not feasible for you. Luckily, there are many ways for you to market a private practice for free.
In this blog post I’ll share with you 30 ways you can market your therapy practice without costing you a cent.
Whether you’re just starting out and trying to save money, or you just need an extra boost to your marketing efforts, you can use these strategies to get in front of more people and grow your private practice.
1. Create a website using a free/basic account with a builder like weebly.com
2. Build a Facebook page
3. Use Pinterest to share your blog posts
4. Ask Family and Friends to Share About Your Practice on Facebook
5. Send an email to family and friends letting them know you’re accepting clients
6. Share your business card with local churches, doctors offices, wellness centers
7. Add your therapy practice to local online business directories
8. Network with other therapists in your area
9. Put social sharing buttons on your blog posts
10. Guest post on someone else’s blog
11. Start an email list
12. Email your list regularly
13. Put your practice on Google Business/Google Maps
14. Sign up for a free 6 month trial of Psychology Today: Email me and my wife and I will send you a link.
15. Create landing pages for each of your specialties to boost SEO
16. Join a Facebook group where your ideal clients are and answer questions and add value
17. Start a blog (check out the benefits of blogging)
18. Create promotional images and flyers using a free design program like canva.com
19. Add more links within your website to other relevant content to keep people on your website longer
20. Make sure your website link is listed everywhere you are online (online directories, social profiles, LinkedIn, etc.)
21. Attend a free webinar or workshop for more marketing ideas
22. Create a short video for your website introducing yourself and your practice
23. Create a “Your First Visit” web page to let new clients know what to expect
24. Get a friend to take a new profile photo for you and use it consistently across all your online/social platforms
25. Set your business Facebook page as your workplace on your personal Facebook profile
26. Use IFTTT to automatically share your blog posts every time a new one is published
27. Set up a Google Plus business page
28. Create some pretty social images of inspiration quotes using Pablo
29. Brainstorm the titles of 10 blogs you could write (here’s how I do it)
30. Sign up for a free Buffer account and schedule 10 social media posts
I hope this list gets your brain waves rolling and inspires you to try some new ways to market your therapy practice. Let me know in the comments which one you’ll try first!